Mercurial on a MediaTemple DV 4 Server
May 30, 2012
I stick with package managers when I can. In this case,
yum would do the trick but it isn't aware of Mercurial by default. (Try
yum install mercurial with a fresh DV4 and it won't know what to do.) To help it out, we'll add another catalog of sorts, called RPMforge, that it can search through. We just need to get the right catalog, load it up, and tell yum to install Mercurial again.
- Make sure you've got yum installed and your root access is enabled.
- SSH into your server as the root user.
- Create a temporary folder
- Get all up in that directory
- Download the latest x86_64 RPMforge package for CentOS 5
- Add this repository to our search set
rpm -ivh rpmforge-release-0.5.2-2.el5.rf.x86_64.rpm
- Install Mercurial!
yum install mercurial
- Make sure it worked